In each of the following sentences, there is a word or group of words underlined and one gap. From the list of words lettered A to D. Choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word or group of words and that will at the same time correctly fill the gap in the sentence.
1. Angela is very indolent but her sister Mary is one of the most........... girls in the school.
2. Rather than support the Chairman, the members of his board expressed........... to his plans.
3. In any group, there people who display apathy and others who show a lot of...........
4. Femi was very........... about his political ambition but his sister was open about it.
5. Ngozi's beauty is natural but her sister's is rather...........
6. The testimony of the witness was so vague that it was difficult to learn the details........... of the case
7. It is amazing how Jide became so proud, his parents have always been...........
8. The workshop was intended to........... the workers who had been confused by management's decisions.
9. Johnson is consistently assertive but his twin brother is rather...........