1. Write a letter to your father who has been on a long course abroad, telling him how the family has been faring in his absence.
2. Write an article for publication in a cultural magazine on the advantages and disadvantages of the extended family system.
3. The last nation-wide strike by secondary school teachers affected your school adversely. Write a letter to the Minister of Education suggesting at least three ways of preventing future strike actions.
4. You are a speaker in a debate on the topic “Civilian rule is better than military rule.” Write your contribution for or against the motion.
5. Write a story, real or imagined, which illustrates the saying: “Make hay while the sun shines.”
1. Your sister wants to marry a man from another ethnic group against your mother’s wishes. Write a letter to your mother giving at least three reasons why she should accept your sister’s decision.
2. The rising incidence of road traffic accidents nowadays is alarming. In an article suitable for publication in an international magazine, discuss at least three factors responsible for this and suggest ways of dealing with the problems.
3. There has been public outcry against the escalating prices of foodstuffs in your area. Write a letter to your Member of Parliament, stating the causes of the increase and suggesting ways of improving the situation.
4. Your school’s Literary and Debating Society has organized a debate on the topic: “The Television is Doing More Harm Than Good to our Youth.” Write your contribution for or against the topic.
5. Write a story that ends with the words, “Had I known, I wouldn't have believed him.”