From the words or group of words lettered A to D below each of the following sentences, choose the word that is nearest in meaning to the underlined words as it is used in the sentence.
30. The criminal was incarcerated.
31. The manager soon found out that my sister was a competent typist.
32. At the inception of his administration, the Governor was very popular.
33. The business anticipated the collapse of the bank.
34. The plaintiff was dissatisfied with the decision of the court.
35. The judge was incorruptible.
36. Mr Preye is a stern father.
37. My first son is an unusually audacious boy.
38. Amina often makes derogatory remarks about her husband.